How Do I?

Resident Information Guide

Find contact information for Township services.

Find a Registered Trash Hauler

Find a registered Trash Hauler.

Find a Registered Septic Pumper/Hauler

Find a registered Septic Hauler.

Get a Building / Zoning Permit

Click here to download residential and non-residential permit applications. Regulations for installation can be found in the Township’s Code of Ordinances.

Find Buried Utilities Before Digging

The Pennsylvania One Call system can be accessed by dialing 811.

Find out More About my Water or Sewer Bill

For Penn Township water system subscribers, the customer charge is $23.48 per EDU (168.35 gallons per day) per quarter plus $4.40 per 1,000 gallons of usage. MAWSA subscribers will have a different rate and invoice.

For sewer system subscribers, the customer charge is $46.81 per EDU (233.10 gallons per day) per quarter plus $8.20 per 1,000 gallons of usage.

Find the New Voter Identification Requirements

Find more information online.

Register or Find Out Where to Vote

Call the Lancaster County Board of Elections and Registration Commission at 717-299-8293 to find your polling place.

District Number                Voting District                             District Location

6201 Penn Township Junction District


Penn Township Municipal Building
97 North Penryn Road
Manheim, PA 17545
6202 Penn Township South Penn District


Pleasant View Retirement Communities
2100 Town Square North
Manheim, PA 17545
6203 Penn Township Penryn


Penryn Fire Company
1441 N. Penryn Road
Penryn, PA 17564

Animal Control


More information on dog licenses, including a printable application form and online fee payment is available on the Lancaster County Treasurer’s Office website. The treasurer’s website has a list of authorized dog license issuing agents in our area.

If there is an active crime or abuse in progress – Dial 9 1 1. If there is no active crime or abuse in progress, report to the police non-emergency telephone number (717) 733-0965.

To report suspected animal cruelty:

  • Contact the local municipal police department where the incident occurred, or
  • Call the PA State Police – Lancaster County barracks #:  (717) 299-7650, or
  • Send an email to the Lancaster County District Attorney’s Tipline at or call (717) 299-8100. Important: The tipline does not offer immediate assistance or response. For immediate response, call 9 1 1.

The Pennsylvania SPCA has a tipline:

For tips involving large animals, contact Christine Stull at LAPS (Large Animal Protection Society) – (610) 869-9880.

By law, the township public works crew is not permitted to pick up or dispose of dead deer. Residents should report dead deer directly to the office that serves the county where the animal is located, and provide the exact location to aide in the retrieval efforts:

On a township road – contact the PA Game Commission Southeast Regional Office at (610) 926-3136 or (610) 926-3137. The Southeast Regional Office serves Lancaster County.

On a state highway contact PennDOT at (717) 299-7621 or (800) 349-7623. The following roads in Penn Township are state highways:

  • Lancaster Road, Route 72
  • Fruitville Pike
  • Temperance Hill Road
  • Doe Run Road
  • (list others)

The township public works crew is also not responsible for the saving, trapping, pickup, or disposal of animals such as—Birds, Squirrels, Rabbits, Skunks, Raccoons, Groundhogs, Reptiles, Mice, Bats, etc. The following contacts are being provided strictly as an informational resource and are not endorsed by the township:

Raven Ridge Wildlife Center

Acorn Acres Wildlife Rehab

  • Rehab specializing in squirrels, bunnies, woodchucks
  • Ph. (717) 327-4811

PA Assoc. of Wildlife Rehabilitators

  • For a list of contacts throughout various counties, go to the website:

Get Information About Taxes

Regarding county and property township taxes, contact the township’s designated tax collector, the Lancaster County Treasurer’s Office at 717-299-8222.

For Manheim Central School District tax information, call the Tax Office at 717-664-8520.

For earned income and local services taxes, contact the Lancaster County Tax Collection Bureau online or at 717-569-4521.

Report a Street Light Out

Call PPL at 1-800-DIAL-PPL (1-800-342-5775) to report street light outages.

Purchase Broadband Television Cable Service

For landline cable contact Blue Ridge Communications, 800-CABLE-77 (800-222-5377). BRC is the only landline TV cable provider in this township, through a franchise agreement with the township. Other landline cable providers are welcome but each would be required to enter into a similar agreement to install the cables and equipment within roadways in the township.