Northwestern Lancaster County Authority
The Authority is an administrative (not operating) authority organized under the Pennsylvania Municipality Authorities Act of 1945, as an incorporated body politic of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The authority owns the water and sewer systems within the township and leases these systems to the township for the township’s operation and use. As the operating entity, under the lease agreement, the township is responsible for the payment of all operating expenses. Operating expenses are paid from the township’s Water and Sewer Fund; 25 percent of the manager’s total compensation and half of the financial coordinator’s total compensation is paid from this fund.
The authority, on the other hand, decides on capital expenses and projects of up to $100,000 in value each. Over that amount, the township’s concurrence is required.
- 7 p.m., Third Tuesday of each month at the Township Office, 97 North Penryn Road, Manheim, PA 17545
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View All Agendas and Minutes
Documents & Information
- After hours concerns, contact Inframark at 717-875-1216.
- Drinking Water Quality Reports
- NWLCA Resolution 1-2019 Nonresidential Waste Admission Into Sewer System Adopted May 22, 2019
- NWLCA Resolution 2-2019 Rules And Regulations Adopted May 22, 2019
- NWLCA Rules and Regulations Adopted May 2019
- NWLCA Resolution 3-2019 Nonresidential Waste Rates Adopted May 22, 2019
- Effective August 1, 2022, the Northwestern Lancaster County Authority’s public sewer tapping fee will increase to $8,800 per Equivalent Dwelling Unit from $5,250, and its public water tapping fee will increase to $3,770 per EDU, from $2,675 per EDU. The resolutions and supporting calculations can be found at NWLCA Sewer Tapping Fee Resolution 3-2022 and NWLCA Water Tapping Fee Resolution 4-2022 .
- See the Manheim Area Water and Sewer Authority for different fee in the MAWSA Service Area.
- A tap fee is required for each proposed dwelling unit, commercial establishment, educational establishments, industrial establishment, and institutional establishment.
- A quarterly sewer bill will be the result of a $46.81 flat usage fee and an $8.20 fee per 1,000 gallons of sewer treated. In those cases where a meter is not installed or not functioning, a flat rate of $219.01 per quarter per EDU will be charged.
- A quarterly water bill will be the result of a $23.48 flat usage fee and a $4.40 fee per 1,000 gallons of water used. In those cases where a meter is not installed or not functioning, a flat rate of $89.48 per quarter per EDU will be charged (see MAWSA for different fees in MAWSA Service Area).
- Township Fee Schedule
- Typical Gravity Building Sewer Connection
- 3/4-inch domestic water meters can be obtained for qualifying NWLCA users at no cost. Contact Inframark at 717-664-0746 to get one.
The authority is governed by a five-member board appointed to serve for staggered five-year terms. Current members are:
- Herbert Mattern, Jr., Chairman, Term Expires: December 31, 2024
- Barbara Horst, Vice-Chairman, Term Expires December 31, 2027
- Phil Donmoyer, Member, Term Expires: December 31, 2025
- Cullen Ketcham, Member, Term Expires: December 31, 2023
- Lew Jury, Member, Term Expires: December 31, 2027
About the Authority
The Northwestern Lancaster County Authority is owner of the public water and sewer facilities in Penn Township. The NWLCA is an administrative authority. Penn Township operates the authority’s system under a lease agreement.
The current service areas includes lands on the east side and south side of Manheim Borough. See the NWLCA water service area map here. The NWLCA wastewater system map is here. Under a separate agreement, MAWSA provides public water to southern areas of the township.
Follow the NWLCA’s sustainability project online.
Authority Engineer – Daniel J. Becker, P.E., Becker Engineering, LLC
- Authority Solicitor – Anthony Schimaneck, Esq., Morgan, Hallgren, Crosswell, and Kane, P.C.
- System Operator – Doug Zook, Manager, INFRAMARK
- Township Manager and Authority Assistant Secretary – Mark Hiester
- Township Financial Coordinator – Connie Weidle