- 7 p.m., Third Monday of each month at the Township Office, 97 North Penryn Road, Manheim, PA 17545
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View All Agendas and Minutes
Documents & Information
- After hours concerns, contact Inframark at 717-875-1216.
- Sanitary Sewer Tap Fee, $5,250 per EDU (Equivalent Dwelling Unit-233.10 gallons per day) NWLCA Resolution 01-2014 Sewer Tap Fees
- Potable Water Tap Fee, $1,480 per EDU (168.35 gallons per day). NWLCA Resolution 02-2014 Water Tap Fees
See the Manheim Area Water and Sewer Authority for different fee in the MAWSA Service Area.
- A tap fee is required for each proposed dwelling unit, commercial establishment, educational establishments, industrial establishment, and institutional establishment.
- A quarterly sewer bill will be the result of a $46.81 flat usage fee and an $8.20 fee per 1,000 gallons of sewer treated. In those cases where a meter is not installed or not functioning, a flat rate of $219.01 per quarter per EDU will be charged.
- A quarterly water bill will be the result of a $23.48 flat usage fee and a $4.40 fee per 1,000 gallons of water used. In those cases where a meter is not installed or not functioning, a flat rate of $89.48 per quarter per EDU will be charged (see MAWSA for different fees in MAWSA Service Area).
- Standard Domestic Waterline Installation Detail
- Typical Gravity Building Sewer Connection
- Specifications NWLCA Resolution 1-2017
- 3/4-inch domestic water meters can be obtained for qualifying NWLCA users at no cost. Contact Inframark at 717-664-0746 to get one.
The authority is governed by a five-member board appointed to serve for staggered five-year terms. Current members are:
- Herbert Mattern, Jr., Chair, Term Expires: December 31, 2019
- Barbara Horst, Vice-chair, Term Expires December 31, 2021
- Robert Kurtz, Treasurer ,Term Expires: December 31, 2022
- Phil Donmoyer, Member, Term Expires: December 31, 2020
- Cullen Ketcham, Member, Term Expires: December 31, 2023
About the Authority
The Northwestern Lancaster County Authority is owner of the public water and sewer facilities in Penn Township. The NWLCA is an administrative authority. Penn Township operates the authority’s system under a lease agreement.
The current service areas includes lands on the east side and south side of Manheim Borough. See the NWLCA water service area map here. The NWLCA wastewater system map is here. Under a separate agreement, MAWSA provides public water to southern areas of the township.
Follow the NWLCA’s sustainability project online.
Authority Engineer – Daniel J. Becker, P.E., Becker Engineering, LLC
- Authority Solicitor – Anthony Schimaneck, Esq., Morgan, Hallgren, Crosswell, and Kane, P.C.
- System Operator – Doug Zook, Manager, INFRAMARK
- Township Manager – Mark Hiester
- Township Financial Coordinator – Constance Weidle