- 7 p.m., Third Monday of each month at the Township Office, 97 North Penryn Road, Manheim, PA 17545
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View All Agendas and Minutes
Documents & Information
- Sanitary Sewer Tap Fee, $5,250 per EDU (Equivalent Dwelling Unit-233.10 gallons per day) NWLCA Resolution 01-2014 Sewer Tap Fees
- Potable Water Tap Fee, $1,480 per EDU (168.35 gallons per day). See MAWSA for different fee in MAWSA Service Area. NWLCA Resolution 02-2014 Water Tap Fees
- A tap fee is required for each proposed dwelling unit, commercial establishment, educational establishments, industrial establishment, and institutional establishment.
- A quarterly sewer bill will be the result of a $46.81 flat usage fee and an $8.20 fee per 1,000 gallons of sewer treated. In those cases where a meter is not installed or not functioning, a flat rate of $219.01 per quarter per EDU will be charged.
- A quarterly water bill will be the result of a $23.48 flat usage fee and a $4.40 fee per 1,000 gallons of water used. In those cases where a meter is not installed or not functioning, a flat rate of $89.48 per quarter per EDU will be charged (see MAWSA for different fees in MAWSA Service Area).
- Standard Domestic Waterline Installation Detail
- Typical Gravity Building Sewer Connection
- Specifications NWLCA Resolution 1-2017
The authority is governed by a five-member board appointed to serve for staggered five-year terms. Current members are:
- David Stewart, Chair
Term Expires: December 31, 2018
- Herbert Mattern, Jr., Vice Chair
Term Expires: December 31, 2019
- Robert Kurtz, Treasurer
Term Expires: December 31, 2022
- Phil Donmoyer, Member
Term Expires: December 31, 2020
About the Authority
The Northwestern Lancaster County Authority is owner of the public water and sewer facilities in Penn Township. Penn Township operates the authority’s system under a lease agreement.
Its current service area includes areas on the east side and south side of Manheim Borough. Under a separate agreement, Manheim Borough Authority provides public water to the southern areas of the township.
Follow the NWLCA’s sustainability project online.
- Authority Engineer – Daniel J. Becker, P.E., Becker Engineering, LLC
- Authority Solicitor – Anthony Schimaneck, Esq., Morgan, Hallgren, Crosswell, and Kane, P.C.
- System Operator – Doug Zook, Manager, INFRAMARK
- Township Manager – Mark Hiester
- Township Financial Coordinator – Constance Weidle