What to do with Special Waste.
One key to LCSWMA’s success in managing Lancaster County’s waste in an environmentally responsible manner lies with you. We need your help in managing “special wastes” in ways that will not harm disposal facilities or the environment. Because if you understand what special wastes are, and how they should be handled, you are doing your part to protect the environment and our precious resources.
Special waste includes:
- Large Appliances & Tires
- Construction/Demolition Waste
- Prescription Drugs
- In-Home Medical Waste
- Waste with Mercury
For more information on how to handle these items, visit their website at http://www.lcswma.org/lcswma_special_waste.cfm or click on the link LCSWMA Special Waste Disposal.
Note: Local locations which accept unused/unwanted RxDrugs:
– Northern Lancaster County Regional Police Department: 860 Durlach Road Stevens, PA 17578 Ph. 717-733-0965 M-F 8am-4:30pm
– Lititz Borough Police: 7 South Broad Street Lititz, PA 17543 Ph. 717-626-6393 M-F 8am-4:30pm
– East Hempfield Township Police Department: 1700 Nissley Road Landisville, PA 17538 Ph. 717-898-3103 M-F 8am-4pm
– Sloan’s Pharmacy: 73 South Main Street Manheim, PA 17545 Ph. 717-665-2223 (Note: no liquids or controlled substances, medication must be clearly labelled, additional restrictions may apply)
– Manheim Borough Police: 211 North Charlotte Street Manheim, PA 17545 Ph. 717-665-2481